This post is dedicated to new bloggers and website owners. You might me thinking why to new website owners? The answer to this question is – If you are website owner having number of blogs and you still have not yet installed and configured WordPress backup plugin then do not leave this page for next 20 mins.
Just think about of your all effort which you have invested to write blog searching the valuable contents for your readers and suddenly all lost and can never be recovered now.
This is really a painful situation and no one will love to get into it, even you. Smile.
Technically you have to take backup of
- Database backup – This contains text/data which is shown on site as blog information
- WP-content folder backup – All code, theme, plugins, most importantly your images and custom CSS.
So let’s quickly see what all option we have to get this done if unfortunately we lost our data.
4.9 out of 5 stars more than 700,000+ installations
Surprised after seeing the rating and number of installation on WordPress? This this the highest ranking plugin on WordPress.org with 4.9 out of 5 and more than 700000+ installations. If you are looking for best then do not read further, Just install this WordPress backup plugin and get you all Work done related.
- Supports all major storage features
- Quickly restores the files and database.
- Configure the scheduler to repeatedly create the backup.
- Site duplicator or migrator helps to copy entire site to the new location.
- A separate schedule for Files and Database backups.
- If the backup if failed due to any reason then it is automatically rescheduled.
- Facilitate to split Large site data into multiple archives.
- You can explicitly specify the files need to be backed up and the same way during restoring you can specify which files need to be restored.
- To download backup you do not have to log in to your FTP account, just download from WordPress back dashboard directly.
- The free version is more than enough to help you with your need though if required you can go for premium version for some more advanced features.
4.3 out of 5 stars and Active Installs: 50,000+
- Single click easy backup.
- Scheduler based backup
- Download backup from WordPres Dashboard
- Easy to configure.
- Single click backup restoring.
- You can store the backup on FTP, email or in Dropbox.
- Store database in zipping format of root of your host and can also send via email in the same format
- Pagination to search backed files easily.
4.6 out of 5 stars and Active Installs: 20,000+
- Single click install facilitates to take fast and secured backup.
- Backup status notifications by email
- Well works for shared hosting sites
- Very well supports all type of WordPress hosted platforms.
- Backup the database, themes, images, CSS or any other content easily.
- Save the backed up files in zipped format.
- Single click download of backup from WordPress dashboard.
- Debug mode that provides full logging of the backup
- Tested and supported on all current PHP versions (5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5)
- Premium version and priority support available
- Schedule the backup based on the time you want it to be completed – premium
- Professional Support if you run into any trouble
- Premium Version Restores your content and DB from WordPress dashboard
4.5 out of 5 stars Active Installs: 3,000+
This is another backup plugin with all required basic features. You have the option to provide your own crown based scheduler to mention the frequency of backup.
The back will be restore on the root of the host which can be further downloaded.
4 out of 5 stars and Active Installs: 40,000+
- No limit the backups you want to create.
- Files (contents) and DB backup feature.
- Easily restore the files.
- Quickly download the backup.
- Manage the backup files and content easily, you can stop the backup in between if required.
- Create the folder in the root of the host to backup files and DB in you desired location.