This is an amazing question often asked in every second interview across the Globe, so I just thought , to share my views and help you discover your answer today to this question.
My aim in this article is to make you understand the importance to this question,as there are no wrong answers to this question as it took me years to understand this.
So , If you are reading this article, then in all probability you are preparing for your next interview and looking for the best answer to this amazing question.I used the word amazing, because 99% of the people, never really understood what they were asked.
Do you understand the Question?
Even before I discuss the answer to this question, I would say, pause for a minute, and think about the question once again.
Let’s see, what are some of the best answers people gave to this wonderful question and then we will return to understand the question.
Popular answers to the Question
So, here are some of the popular answers to question “Where do you see yourself in 5 Years from now?”.
- I want to see myself in your shoes or in your position.
- After 5 years, i want to gain experience,become a leader and take part in the organizational growth.
- I want to be a top class programmer.
- I want to be Subject Matter Expert (SME) or expert in the respective application or field.
- I want to become a valuable and Key resource for the Company and contribute in the best possible manner so that both the organization and country gains from my experience.
- I want to become a Manager, basically see myself on the same chair in which you sit today.
- I would be a Lead or Team Manager in the Company.
- I see myself working hard and looking to work with Clients in UK, US and other developed countries.
- I want to see myself in a position, I should be proud of and can say, i achieved this because of my hard work.
- I see myself as the Head of this Department and leading a Team of 50 people.
- I see myself as a great worker and contributor in this Organization.
What is the Right Answer?
Frankly speaking, there is no right answer to this question. The answer lies in the question itself.The question is misread by 99% of the people, but I am sure you will understand this today.
“Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?”
The question never really asked you, “Where do you see yourself in 5 years in this company?” and you only replied to this question and not the actual question which the interviewer had asked you and the interviewer now knows that you did not understood the question.
Read all the above answers and they are all answers to question “Where do you see yourself in 5 years in this company?” The question actually asks you about
- Your aspirations as an individual.
- What do you want to do in life, but you answered in your career.
- If you really want to pursue a job or a Career.
- Weather you have any plans to start your own business or become an entrepreneur
- About your Goals in Life, not about your next position or power in the organization.
- About your commitment or passion, is it still alive or you want to do a 9 to 5 job.
It took me years to understand this question and with this article, I just wanted you to understand this question and decide what you want to answer, the next time someone asks you about this question.
Do you now have a Correct answer to this question?
Share your views……………………………………………………