You are ready with great content. You have applied all the On Page SEO techniques and waiting for people to arrive at your blog and read your stuff. If you think this will happen automatically, then you are probably wrong.
You will need to promote your blog, reach out to people and publicize your blog, very often, because Google loves what others love.
So this would be your crash course blog on “how to promote your blog” and I am discussing only the ones which I have tested myself, so these would surely work.
I will not talk about any abstract and obvious promotion tactics which you are bored of reading on other blogs like (uniqueness, original image/content, relationship and bla bla bla)
Quora is one of the leading Question and Answers in the world. Just answer questions to the topics of your niche and you will soon notice that people will read your answers. You can also add your links in your answers. Try to be honest with the content you post on Quora. Good answers are appreciated.
Also remember that most of the links are “no-follow” (meaning- Google does not index them), but “no-follow” are being recognized by Google and are great for creating a brand value over time.
You Don’t like Yahoo answers? But Google loves it.
I know gone are the days of Yahoo. But frankly speaking, Yahoo is a powerhouse when it comes to traffic. Post your answers with links on Yahoo and see the magic.
Google loves what others love. That is the simple logic behind backlinks. Google ranks pages higher which have links on other pages or high Page Rank (PR) websites. To rank top in Google it would be good to have backlinks from trusted and high PR link websites. But do not ever buy backlinks. Your backlinks need to be natural for higher rankings.
Publish articles regularly and publish more
One of the effective ways to get more traffic is to publish more articles. Research shows that publishing 4+ articles a week increases your traffic up to 3.5 times. So increase your content frequency and notice a surge in your traffic.
Publish long articles
You don’t like publishing long articles and think short and precise is what your readers like. That’s correct, but unfortunately Google loves content which are longer or probably more than 1000+ words and rank them higher in SERP’s.
Optimize your content for search engines
Its good to publish articles that will help your readers, but what if you publish a content which nobody is able to find,hence it is important to optimize your content. Traffic from organic search results is the #1 source of traffic. Hence it is important that you learn about SEO (search engine optimization) and apply On Page SEO techniques to your pages.
You are new to blogging and do not know any big blogger. That’s perfectly fine and happens with most of the people. Below are some of the tips that will help you eventually build relationship and fame within blogging community that will help you get more traffic.
- Comment on other blogs
- Featuring other bloggers on your content and letting them know about it.
- Cross promotion with bloggers
- Submit articles on blogging communities like bizsugar, designfloat etc.
Social media like Twitter love infographics. They get more retweets than images.Many people do not prefer long articles.
I love Google Apps and with smartphones becoming so much popular, people prefer to read on Google Apps. Create Google App for your blog and submit it to Google store.Invite readers and you will see traffic from app as well. The biggest advantage is that once a user installs an App, you can make use of push notifications to increase traffic.
More Blog Promotion Ideas
- Newsletter Opt-in Pop ups work great.
- Schedule your blog articles to develop trust with RSS readers.
- Publicize your blog on social networks Facebook , Twitter,Google+,Pinterest,LinkedIn.
- Build an effective email id list.
- Submit your site to Google,Bing and Yahoo.
- Organize a local event in partnership with schools,colleges,communities. Make this event interactive and entertaining and promote your blog.
- Blog Translation – You can Translate your blog in multiple languages. This increases traffic at no additional cost. Try the Transposh plugin.
- Google News – If you are running a news blog, be sure to be included in Google News.
- Kindle – Kindle is great source to promote your content. You can publish free eBooks and gather traffic from like minded people.
- 100% commission to Affiliate Marketers – If you have a tool or informational product like eBook, i recommend that you can give 100% of your sale amount as commission to Affiliate Marketers.This way you will be able to build an email list of people who have purchased your product.
- Upgrade your old Content – This is absolutely important. Upgrade your old content with new links,resources. Google ranks pages which are up to date.
- Use Images in almost all Blog Posts – Images are best conversion tools. Create a compelling and relevant image for all your blog posts. Research shows that blog post with images attract 90+ more views.
- Guest Posting – Invite other people to write for you and you can in return write for them.This is a powerful way to boost traffic for your blog.
- Offer Rewards for Guest Posts – You must reward for Guest Posts or basically the people who write for you. You will get more traffic by compensating people who bring certain number of views in a month.
- Internal Links – This is one of the key On Page Search engine optimization strategy. Ensure to have relevant internal links to your blogs and pages.
- Create your own Theme and Plugins – Create your own theme which will have a link back to your blog or website. This will be displayed in the footer. Do not forget to make the links as no-follow. Similarly create your plugin and provide with an option to link back to your blogs.
- Advertise on StumbleUpon , Reddit communities.Combined together, they have more than 40 million users.
Start Promoting your blog Now !!
I think , you now have enough ideas to promote your blog. What other ideas you choose to promote your blog. Please share your ideas too, after all, everyone is looking to increase traffic.