Success ahead – Checklist to start a quality blog in 2016
The idea to deliver the comprehensive checklist to protect new bloggers from their initial day’s struggling. You will feel blogging much easy once you will go through all the steps I have mentioned below.
The success of blogging required the understanding of basic pillars and to follow the guidelines. Blogging is easy as soon you have the blueprint on the top of your head and you will start insisting yourself to follow.
- Decide the topic and reason why you want to start a blog and Learn how to start a blog.
- Set you goal and timelines to achieve them –
- Total Number of quality blogs you will publish in a week
- How many subscribers you are targeting to get registered on your site – set goal 10 10000 subscribers.
- Research other niches and deliver the contents where others are failing. Check what they are writing about and deliver better than them.
- Keep brainstorming, ask for feedback and note every point which you think of, the idea is you just not miss some action points.
- The domain name research is very important, work to find the best name which is meaning full and explains the purpose of your blog. Do not use names hard to remember.
- Also, purchase a domain, do not prefer to start using free blogging platforms. Read the article to understand more why.
- Know everything about how to purchase a hosting plan and installing WordPress. The best plugins and first-day plugins for WordPress.
- Keep your account secure with username and password which are hard to remember, Start noting them in some secure place as who will have to maintain many passcodes once you start with affiliate registration.
- Setup your email address and social mead accounts which have to configure and use in your blog.
- Only Choose a responsive theme which fits your purposes very well, give some time to explore the best theme, I will always recommend to not compromise and go for the Studiopress Premium Theme .
- Default Themes have some unwanted stuff like META, Footer information, remove that all and put your own footer information.
- Theme design plays very important role for your blog site, if you are not technical then you should check color and font size of each theme, readability is very important. I recommend you to analyze other bloggers site working on the same kind of blog.
- You site tagline – title line should very good and self-explanatory, Change this in “SETTINGS” > “GENERAL”
- Exclusive: Create robots.txt and sitemap.xml for your site. Do not spend your time to work manually on this. Use the suggested plugins to get this done after installation.
- Add the social sharing plugins like Simple Social Share or Mashshare, to promote the contents of your site. You should setup auto share plugin if you are sure to publish a good article in single attempt.
- Must Register for an Akismet to prevent spam attack on your site, read WordPress first day plugin list to know more.
- Add a plugin like Subscribe to Comments or Comments LUV, always ask from readers to comment on your post.
- Use SEO plugins without wasting your time and do the required initial set-up, I suggest Yoast SEO plugin.
- Sign up for the service like AWeber or MailChimp to store your email subscribers’ email addresses, analyze stats,create opt-in forms, etc.
- Create some opt-in forms for your sidebars, the bottom of posts, header, footers etc. using the AWeber form generator or MailChimp and add them to your blog.
- E-book Service –Ask your readers to subscribe and offer them quality E-book. the book should cover end-to-end chapters you suppose to focus.
- Signup Welcome and Follow Up E-mail – Say welcome to the readers subscribed to your blog, send them follow-up mail with latest post and updates.
- Change your permalink structure of URL – use “post name” as the default, the default WordPress installation have dates format in the URL.
- Title name of the post should be written each time while publishing the post so that each blog post have correct description according to that post.
- About Page – About us Page has an important role in connecting you with the followers, the good and long story describing your journey and your site details impress readers and help to gain faith.
- Create a contact page – This page facilitates readers to approach you if required. Prompt reply and ongoing discussion with readers/followers will help you to maintain good relations.
- Disclaimer/Policy – This page should never be ignored, definitely, if you are suggesting someone and recommending products, then you should mention the details in disclaimer page including the monetary benefits you suppose to gain through it.
- High-Quality Photos – Always prefer to have very high-quality images for you post, hire the professional photographer if required. Keep informal because it helps readers to build confidence to reach you without hesitation.
- Logo – Build site logo and use it for promotions.
- Your home page should well describe the start point to your visitor. So that reader can easily search and navigate through the content he/she is looking for.
- Build and manage social links to site so that reader can easily connect with you. Build you social network in all popular social networking sites and use them in your blog post.
- Write your first blog post of at least 4000 words that really impress and build a quality reputation about your topic and your blogging style. The reader should feel it as a real deal.
- Build inner links where ever possible, so the reader can easily navigate to the pages for related information
- Add some quality photos to your article that fit in with your blog topic. I have a big list to search Free Images for you.
- Add the good collection of media and videos/images to post with the complete explanation. Consider using high-quality images.
- Add you blog post the relevant category and create appropriate tags 4-5 which correctly defines post.
- Register with Google Analytics and track users visits and geography. Set the goals and try to achieve it, revisit goals every time and set target hard for next time.
- Register/Sign up for Webmaster Tools to give you some interesting awareness about how Google sees your blog and how you can improve your search performance, learn to submit your post and sitemap.xml. Performace improvements and issues google can see in you page/blog.
- Earn to set-up Gravatar and how you can display your snap after the post.
- Approach and ask some experienced bloggers to comment on your mistakes, do not hesitate from receiving criticisms. Ask for genuine feedback and review them to improve blog quality.
- After publishing your post, work on social media sharing and Quora to publish same topics and suggest the social media readers to follow your full article. Tweet the post headline, say thanks to your blog readers.
The steps which I have mentioned are very important. I started blogging and realize how carefully we should follow each guideline to become a successful blogger.